Subscribe HERE: http://bit.ly/2D1EfM8
Calf raises are an excellent way to strengthen the calf muscle complex. The calf muscle is responsible for propulsion or forward motion of the body and is the strongest muscle in the lower leg. Strengthening the muscle helps to reduce fatigue in the legs and improves performance in sports, as well as reduces the risk of Achilles tendonitis. Got questions? Post them below.
How to perform calf raises:
1. Find a stair or step with a wall or railing for balancing
2. Place the ball of the foot on the edge of the step
3. Plant the toes on the step, ensuring both the big toe and little toe are firmly planted on the surface of the step
4. Raise the heel as high as you can
5. Lower heel as far as you can without lifting toes off the step
Have some foot strengthening exercises you feel we should include in our Foot Strength 101 section? Post them below.
✓ How to perform calf raises
✓ Why strengthening the calf muscles is important
✓ Did you know that you already do calf raises daily?
★ Purchase Products Online: http://www.shopfootsolutions.ca
For more information on our other products, visit us at https://www.footsolutions.ca/vancouver.
Website: http://www.footgeekz.com | http://www.footsolutions.ca
Connect with David from Turnfit.ca
BIG thank you to our fellow YouTuber Joanna Krupa with Querido Mundo: https://bit.ly/2LJOucp for handling the camera.
The content seen in this video is provided only for educational purposes and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.