Full Article: https://www.t-nation.com/training/how-to-build-bigger-calves
Few gyms seem to have specialized straight leg calf machines like standing and donkey calf raises. Thankfully more gyms now have specialized bars like safety squat bars. We can use one to recreate an effective standing calf raise.
Find (or create) a platform from which you can do calf raises, and set it in a rack.
Use one hand to hold the loaded safety bar and use your other to hold the rack for balance.
• Press as high as you can onto your toes/the ball of your foot and pause for 1-2 seconds.
• Control descent into the deepest stretch you can create and pause for 1-2 seconds.
• Repeat with strict form to failure.
• Do 3-4 sets of varied rep ranges across different training days.
• Perform these and other straight-knee calf raise/press variations as supersets with unrelated body parts 3-4 times a week for 10-16 sets.
Commit to at least a year of consistency before you complain about bad genetics or how your calves won’t grow. – Andrew Coates
🚀 T Nation Site https://www.t-nation.com
🚀 Coaching Forums https://forums.t-nation.com
🥇 Best Workout Supplement https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/plazma
🥇 Best Protein Powder https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb
🥇 Best T-Booster https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/alpha-male
🥇 Best Prostate Support Supplement https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/p-well
🥇 Best Curcumin https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/curcumin
🥇 Best Fish Oil https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/flameout
🥇 Best Sleep Supplement https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/z-12
🥇 Best Fat-Loss Supplement https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/hot-rox-extreme